Lung and Sleep specialist practice collects information from you for the primary purpose of providing quality health care. We ask you to provide us with your personal details and full medical history so that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in your health care needs. Your personal information will only be used or disclosed for purposes directly related to providing you with quality health care.
This means we will use the information you provide in the following ways:
Our clinical team directly involved in your healthcare
- Administrative purposes within our medical practice.
- Account purposes, including compliance with Medicare & Health Insurance Commission requirements.
- Disclosure to others involved in your health care, including treating doctors , specialists and allied health outside this medical practice. This may occur through referral to other health specialists, or for medical radiology and pathology tests and in the reports or results returned to us following the referrals.
- When required by law, for example the pursuant to a subpoena
- To provide reports to insurers and medico legal firms for the defence of a medical claim
- For medical education and training where information may be used for training purposes
Any information used for training, education, quality assurance or research purposes will be used confidentially and de-identified.